Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BFF's - or just too much time together

We were driving home from taking the kids to a jumpy place the other day, (You know, where they have inflatable slides and such), and Curtis had been updating some insurance on his new phone with the customer service lady. He mentioned how she had asked about our weather here when she saw he was in Vegas and he told her it was 112 (or whatever horribly high temp it was that day.) She was appropriately horrified and said it was 68 (or something) where she was.

"Oh yeah? Where was she?" I was curious where in the country it was already that low. Alabama? Cali?

He started circling the air in front of him with his index finger, as if searching for the place she had mentioned.

Seeing the circling, I realized exactly what he meant. "Oh! Michigan!"

He looked at me kind of incredulously. "How did you know that?"

I just laughed. "I could tell you were circling the lakes, that you meant that lake area in Michigan. I could see it in your mind."

After we laughed and laughed, I had to poke him lightly in the cheek. "We soulmates."

It's true! Who else can you do stuff like that with besides your best friend?

I really could see it in his mind....

1 comment: