Saturday, July 7, 2012

Good stuff.

I'm trying to be more positive with my kids and focus more on what they are doing well rather than the things that make me nuts.

Cal has been great lately about bussing his own dishes, even without being asked. He is also doing well at putting his dirty clothes in his little hamper. Most importantly, he is overall doing super well at staying potty trained. It was such a long rough road to him being so but in general, he is doing great. And boy, is it great to not have to change big boy pants. That was just wrong.

Lolo is sleeping better, thankfully. It has made a difference with starting their bedtimes earlier and trying to keep her on a regular napping schedule also. Most of the time I am able to - if I need to - nap a little while she is resting. Cal is good to watch tv for that time or play on the computer. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my child minding himself for that time period. I leave my door wide open and he can come get me anytime. At this point in life, it is way more important that Mommy gets the rest she needs so she stays out of the loony bin.

Sis is a year old now, which is nuts. It really went quickly. Lots of little times didn't but overall, dang. She had a great party at Childs Play and family and frenz came. Fun for all. Plus she had a stupid cute little party dress to wear, courtesy of my lovely friend Brooke, who custom made it for her. Had her stand and be measured and everything. Pretty cute. I will have to throw a picture up later.

We are so fortunate to have 2 healthy kids and be healthy ourselves. Curtis really enjoys his job and I love being able to stay home, we have our old beater cars that we love and have no payments on - can't beat that shiz - and our house with plenty of room for us and just so many wonderful, great things. Just have to remember that! :)

1 comment:

  1. aww, I love this blog. So glad the kids are doing so well. Hugs to both of those ridiculously cute kiddies. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete