I've been able to stay home since Laurel was born, which has been so great. Partly becuz she is not a superb sleeper - working a job on poo for sleep would be a recipe for disaster. But also, it has allowed me to spend precious time with my babies.
I am the first one to say that motherhood has definitely challenged me and I am certainly not a peach. I get super agro and need time away from my kids to just keep sane. Both of my kids are not great sleepers and high maintenance, and with me not really being a 'kid person', makes for some interesting days, we'll say.
But I tell you what, when Cal says something super random and hilarious out of the blue or impersonates an owl pretty much spot-on, or when Lo's tiny face lights up when she discovers something new or grins happily with her 4 new bitty teeth at me, that there is some priceless stuff. I am getting the opportunity to have beautiful and whimsical moments with my kids that I'll remember forever - what in the world else could I be doing that would be better for me or for them?
Just tonite, I was doing bedtime with them and Cal was cracking me up with his funny ramblings and Lolo was shoving her way past him to toss books off his bookshelf and I'm sitting there on the floor with them, thinking "This is what life is all about." You never get this time back and as hard as some days are, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It is going so fast; they are growing up SO fast. It's crazy. So I'm stupid grateful I have this time and these days with my sweet babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment