Monday, August 27, 2012

Our makeshift cineplex

I tried something new with the kids this month. When I have the kids by myself, it can be a little much, so I wanted to think of something fun for them and fun for me too. I took them to the library one day and got a bunch of movies we don't own, coupled with a giant bag of Pirates Booty from Costco, a blanket spread out in front of the TV, a couple pillows, and the cutest little popcorn containers I had picked up from Target, and it was an instant hit with the kiddies. I let them pick out a Disney movie to watch, got the blanket all set up and filled their little containers with Pirates Booty(a much better and tastier alternative to popcorn.)



It was so fun for them (and a break for me) that we did it again a few days later. Really, they only got through half of their movie the first time (Tangled), so we just finished the movie the second time. I fully plan to make this a regular thing though. I got to spend time with my littles and not chase them around, and they really enjoyed it. A win win.


No comments:

Post a Comment