Monday, January 30, 2012

Knotts and Disneyland!

Last week, we took the kids to Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland. I had never been to the berry farm and I was very excited. Also was excited about getting in free for law enforcement day - yay! We did all kinds of kiddie rides but none of the crazy roller coasters. It's just not enticing to ride something like that alone and we were really there for Cal anyway. Lolo couldn't go on anything but we did see a Charlie Brown little show which she enjoyed.

My favorite part was on the way out, stopping at the berry market and buying some Knotts biscuit mix and plum jam. Woot! I was really overly excited about this, which really was warranted becuz I have since made the aforementioned biscuits and paired them with the jam. Pretty much Uh-mazing. !!

Since we didn't end up spending the whole day at Knotts, we went and checked into our hotel which was conveniently located directly across the street from Disneyland. It was still early and the park was open for a few more hours, so we took advantage and walked over. In 2.5 hours, we knocked out more rides than in an entire day on our previous trip. So fewer people there in January, which was awesome, plus the kids were really well behaved. It was seriously a stupid good trip and so much fun.

The first nite, both kids slept poorly and Curtis and I ended up one of the crappiest nites of sleep in a long while but the rest of the trip, they made up for it and slept soundly through the nite. Thank you, heavens, cuz we sure needed the rest.

Curtis and I each took Cal on the new Star Tours, which he absolutely LOVED. So much so that I was coerced into buying him Star Wars Gogurts today instead of the healthier version with no SW characters on them. We also did the Toy Story ride in Disney CA, all the Bugs Land rides over there, and pretty much everything he could go on in regular Disney. Small World was closed, as was Matterhorn, so that was mildly sad but really nothing was tainting my trip for me.

We got to see my lovely friend Katie and her adorable children, who were kind enough to come and meet us for an evening of rides and mayhem. Oh and whoops cuz we did lose Cal for a tiny minute after Dumbo. I always freak out and he'll be on the other side of Curtis or something, this time I thought he was on the other side of the stroller and realized, nope he sure wasn't. I was panic at the disco for a second - awful feeling - and he was within eyeshot the whole time, just had stayed back at Dumbo. He was crying horribly cuz he couldn't see us and I felt bad for leaving him but thank goodness he was fine and crisis averted. That poor child is afraid someone will take him so thankfully Gpa Robert watches over him and Lo.

So yeah, fun times at Disney! We do so love our Disneyland. Something about the place is just absolutely magical. And not to mention the Disney curse, where you walk into a store and suddenly think that $40 is a reasonable price to pay for a shirt. It's like you enter in and all your common sense is washed away. Gotta love that!

We stopped on the way home to visit with Aunt Mary, which was awesome. What a great lady. We are so fortunate to have her in our lives and in our kids lives. Lolo, who does NOT like strangers, was all gummy grins for Aunt Mary. Freaking cute.

Safe and successful trip! I'm so glad we were able to take this trip and have such an amazing time. I just feel like our kids are little such a tiny window and we want to maximize our time with them until they either move away or hate us and refuse family trips. We love having our little family and being able to take trips is basically awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment