Friday, September 23, 2011

It's been a bit of a rough road, these past 3 months with our new baby. Laurel herself is overall a great baby. She sleeps pretty well, amazingly actually, in comparison to Cal, but a newborn is a newborn and she has lots of little needs. Cal was a lot for us to handle and a newborn is a lot to handle, so together, it has been tough. Curtis and I are both folk who need an awful lot of sleep and an awful lot of alone time - both of which are hard to come by with little ones. So we are really happy with our two. :)

Laurel is smiling a lot, has slept through the nite several times to my absolute delight, and is honestly just as cute and sweet as she can be.


Cal really loves her which is cute and sweet and all, but the kid cannot.stay.off.her. He is constantly running over to touch her face or kiss her and the poor girl wants none of it. She has had to put out a chubby arm to fend him off many times, and sometimes has to press a tiny arm against his throat to get him off her. Already like a momma. :)

This is typical Cal - Sis is trying to rest and he is all up in her business.


I've been home with them this whole time which has been great and really necessary. I have a hard time recovering from babies so I need the time. Plus Curtis was able to take 3 weeks off of work and has had 2 more weeks after the fact of vacation. I love having him home, not only for his company but for his help. :) It is so much easier with 2 parents and I am super grateful for my kick ass partner.

My sweet wonderful mother has been a ton of help to us as well. She came out and stayed with us for a few weeks which was awesome in lots of ways. She is obviously a pro w/babies, since she had 59 but she is fun to have around. I just adore my mother. Hence, naming my baby after her. Woot!

We are still learning the ropes of how to deal with two kids. It is no joke so we are kinda just fumbling along. At the end of the day, if they are fed and clothed and safe and warm, that's pretty much a success at this point. As challenging as having 2 kiddies is though, I am stupid grateful that I have my family. I wouldn't trade this life for anything in the world. I may love my little breaks from them, but I can't imagine my life without these 3 people in it.

Just a few of our family pics before Laurel was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment