After 8 million years of being out of high school and much struggling to get through my Associates degree (1 final class in progress), I am finally ready to start at a 4 year university. Holy cracker jack.
I got my acceptance letter from UNLV a few weeks ago and just signed up for my little orientation day. I am hoping there are some folks older than I there so I don't have to be the oldest goat trying to learn something.
I can officially start in the summer but if I don't pass this stupid math class I am taking now, I will probably have to wait until fall. Blah. I guess one more semester won't hurt since 900 have passed already. What's another?
I was just reading my little requirement sheet and I have to take a foreign language. I'm kind of thrilled about this. I feel like, should I take French since I took it in high school and love the idea of learning more, or perhaps German so I can banter back and forth w/Curtis? Hmm. Then there is Latin, which also intrigues me, and also my cute mommy took it. Smart as a whip little mommy.
I realize it will probably take me 65 semesters to finish but oh well. I need to get my dang Bachelors Degree. (capitalized? No? Yes?) Too bad I couldn't pull my life together enough and go to Harvard like I wanted to all my life. But that was the point of stopping there on our honeymoon - I can sure say I went to Harvard! Yeah!
Okay, must take my stupid math test. Ralph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY! Amber, that is wonderful! Congratulations! It sounds like you are ready to go...! Good for you! I hope you and Curtis and little Cal are all doing well! HUGS to you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteerin
Yeah, get your big butt to Harvard. It's never too late! Don't they have online courses? I know Stanford does.....
ReplyDelete