Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

We are amazing parents and did nothing for our child for Easter. The weekend before, Cal participated in an egg hunt over at Aunt Fran's and scored some money filled eggs that will go toward funding his Harvard education. (Yes, I am living vicariously through my tiny child.)

I had briefly entertained the idea of taking him to the mall and having his pic taken w/the Easter Bunny, but then was like "That has absolutely nothing to do w/Easter and a giant bunny is super creepy." So that idea lasted a mini second.

I did go and see my wonderful mother play the organ at church so that was quite fun. She did an amazing job and some of those songs were Boring (capital B necessary) so they needed some great accompaniment. My mother is just a phenomenal lady in general. What can I say.

Cal did get an Easter basket from his other grandma and aunt so that was fun. He liked cracking the plastic eggs open but had zero interest in what was inside. Eh. He's 1.

In other news, Curtis is graduating from the academy May 15th. He has been working very hard and we are super proud of him. I know he will be glad to have this grueling nonsense over with. And he is very handsome in his uniform.

My oldest sister came into town last week and this week my next oldest sister is here with her family so that has been very fun. I love having my sissies around! I do wish I got to see them more often but definitely enjoy kicking it with them while they are here.

Much to accomplish today.

2 comments:

  1. Sissies are a very good time-I agree! Hey, I don't think I can make your man's graduation-he has an eye doctor appointment that I must take him to and since he will be busy, I must also take Kiki to dance. I feel like we should celebrate-our favorite restaurant or something more fancy?!? Oh, and I heard about you taking mommy to dinner on Mother's Day-don't try to brown nose her with fancy meals, I know all about your trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, this makes no sense-my man has an eye doctor appointment-not your man. It's late and what the hey diddle diddle am I doing up still!?!

    ReplyDelete