It is honestly kind of crazy how fast the school year flew by, at least for me.
Cal was in 1st grade this year with another blessedly wonderful teacher, Ms. Berman, who was lovely and kind and exactly what he needed. He started the year out being a decent reader and just freaking FLEW ahead in that arena. I have been so, so excited to see him reading for fun - seriously just lights up my whole soul. Might my child be like me?!?! Either way, super glad and it has been fun to see the kinds of books he gravitates toward - he's loving the I Survived series and is fascinated by things like the Nazi invasion and tsunamis and such. Also loves reading Minecraft and Plants v. Zombies shiz.
His school offers extracurriculars and we let him pick each year, so this year, it was cooking class and karate. Cooking, they basically made sugary treats devoid of nutrition but he had a great time so we let it slide. Karate he did so well and enjoyed it so much that he won Student of the Week and got a month free at the dojo. It clicked so well that we jumped in and he is having a wonderful time and doing amazing. He got his yellow belt in March and has really found his little niche. My smart little billy goat.
Laurel played soccer in the fall, which truthfully was more of a scrimmage with other teeny kids. At 3 years old, none of them were really playing any soccer, but they taught them rules and concepts and she sure was dang cute in her uniform!
At Christmastime, we went to the Polar Express in AZ for the first time. It was MAGICAL! I think I was probably more enthralled than most of the kids there, and certainly more than Curtis. But it was so fun! I just love Christmas - all the decorations, the feeling in the air, the music, the colors, the weather, the activities - just everything about it is warm and frothy and fuzzy and fun.
We just stayed one nite - super little rando town, Williams - and they do it all up. I do love a small town. And I am going on the record as saying the Polar Express hot cocoa was the best I've ever had. I think elves and unicorns made it.
And then some extra holiday pics of the kids with Bass Pro Santa, picking out our Christmas tree - finally got a flocked one! Dream come true! - Cal being goofy, and Sister's gingerbread house. Lots of lovely little memories engraved in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment