Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valley of Fire adventure

Curtis, Cal and I went out to Valley of Fire this past Sunday. We have been meaning to go for a bit, well, I've never been so I guess meaning to go for a long old while would apply. So we just went.

It was a beautiful day, which are pretty scarce in the scorching desert so that was a plus. We loaded up our little cooler and headed out. Of course we had to stop at the fireworks store in Moapa or wherever that is for my fireworks face husband. He was so excited to finally get out there. I had to remind him that his 4th of July might just get ganked by this new baby since Lucky is due right around there.

We did the Mouses Tank hike and Cal insisted his scrubby little legs could hike his body the whole way so he was off. He followed Curtis and my slow goat body brought up the rear (a big rear, don't worry about it) and we just mobbed along. Cal was so excited to be out and about, hiking, and with his silly parents that it made me very happy by default. We had a really great freaking time and I super love my little family. Plus it was nice to get off my can and hike around a bit in nature. I forget how much nature rocks when I am sitting on my duff at home very comfortable. All in all a great fun day.







No comments:

Post a Comment