Sometimes I wish I were adventurous. Sometimes I wish I were one of those folks who enjoy going to the lake and being on the beach and all manner of things outdoorsy and water adventury and whatnot.
But truthfully, the thought of being outside in the blistering sun in dirty lake or ocean water just sounds dreadful to me. My idea of a blissful time outdoors is fully clothed, in the shade, with a big hat on and SPF 70 all over me, sitting on my can in a chair not directly in the sand, with an amazing book.
I am not a spur of the moment person and as much as I like to take trips, I hate packing and preparing for them and it almost takes the fun out.
My idea of adventure is having multiple books that I'm reading at the same time, or buying something that is not on sale (which really just isn't sensible), or putting my sunscreen on AFTER I'm outside. Sometimes I like to get crazy like that.
It's almost like I'm 90 in a younger body. I basically love it but just sometimes I wish I liked things most people like. Ah, well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete