Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I 5K'd my body!

Hooya I forgot to say, I have finally run a 5K in my life! Two, actually. I ran my first one on May 9th out at a horrible bike trail at Red Rock where I just like dodged 9 1/2 million boulders, as well as bikers, cactus, and other slow goat runners while running in 97 degree heat up and down some crazy hills. I made it through though and came in at 46:08 (music from Price is Right losers would play here). Yes, it took me 46 minutes to run 3 measly miles. Don't judge me. I did it though!

My second one was much better. It was the following Saturday - May 16th and was benefiting the Ronald McDonald House. (Woo woo) It was earlier in the morning and on flat terrain so I was able to shave off 13 minutes w/a finish time of 33:32. (Pause for applause)

Both runs were completed to Bruce Hornsby's "Mandolin Rain." I couldn't have done it without you Bruce. I listened to other music along the way but must finish to Bruce. I had to scroll frantically through my iPod to find him at the second run so he could take me home.

Cal and I before the run at Red Rock
My first 5K! 5/9/09

No comments:

Post a Comment