Today Sis and I were at Target and I was trying on a dress while she sat on the little seat in there with me eating her Lunchable, patiently waiting for me to finish.
The dress was - not quite right - like, would have been cute if only. If only my legs weren't so big, and ugh, if my arms were more toned, or if I got a pair of Spanx, and geez, my butt really is GIANT, and all these things are going through my head as I turn and spin to check out different angles.
Then I turned and saw my precious little daughter staring at me smiling very openly.
"Mommy, are you a princess?" she said gleefully.
A whole new wave of perspective washed over me immediately. This little girl didn't see what I saw, didn't think all those rotten little gnomey thoughts. She just saw her mommy in a pretty dress.
"Yes, Sis, yes I am. Sometimes, anyway." (Let's be legit here.)
Bless this tiny girl's heart; she is giving me a whole new way to look at myself. My sweet little children teach me something every day, whether it be something amazing like this or the fact that a little drink doesn't hurt. They really do make me a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment