Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preschool and San Diego

Cal started preschool a few weeks ago. We just have him in 2 half days a week to get him used to it (and get me used to it, too) and so far, he is loving it. Curtis and I took him his first day and of course had to take his little picture.

He does this awkward smile that is not really a smile and just looks like he is in pain. Lucky he is handsome.







I was super nervous leaving him on that first day but now I am okay with it. I am glad he is only there half days though as it would be hard on my preggo nerves to worry about him for more than that. We figured it would be good for him to be around other kids and have something that was just for him, especially with a new baby on the horizon.


Our family trip this year was to San Diego to see the Giants play the Padres. We were able to combo up that part of it with being able to see my sister and her family, since they live in Carlsbad. We stayed with their family one nite and then downtown the rest of the trip, so we could be closer to the stadium for my husband.

Opening day at Petco Park was just stupidly busy and I definitely would not have wanted to go had I known ahead of time it was indeed opening day. It was a tiny fact my husband left out for my anti-crowd body until we were already on our way to California. Clever bird I married.

We also went to the Scripps Aquarium at UCSD with my sister and her littlest. Cal had a great time - he loves all sea creatures and had just a blast. He got to pet a sea cucumber which he was thrilled about. He keeps talking about how he went to "SeaWorld." Thankfully, he got to see these underwater beings while we didn't have to spend nearly the amount of money we would've for the actual SeaWorld.

It was a fun trip but I am always glad to take my weary body home. The Giants won the 2nd game and it was a much less crowded day so I enjoyed it more.

Also it was super fun to stop in Hesperia on the way to CA and meet up w/Aunt Mary. She is so good to Cal and us and we just adore her. I don't know how I didn't get any pictures but we had a fab time visiting w/her at In N Out for lunch. She is a hoot. All in all a fun trip. Yay for family time.





No comments:

Post a Comment